Sunday 24 July 2011

Northern Schnauzer Club Fun Day

Well it has been such a long time since I could blog because our computer has been stored under the stairs while Judith re-decorated the front room but at last we are back to normal - well just about - and I can show some pictures of our great day out last Sunday at the Northern Schnauzer Club Fun Day. It was a bit windy and rainy at times but we all had a good time.


This is a picture of the humans with their dogs - we dogs of course are less interested in pictures. We prefer to check each other out the canine way:


There were so many schnauzers of all sizes and colours. There were giants:

and black & silver minis:



And even minis with their own umbrella:



And there were lots of games like the sausage race:



I wanted to take part but Judith & Leigh say I have to watch my weight so I just had to look on - I could so smell those sausages:



But then Aoife came second in the best trick competition for dancing on her back legs and she won us some fishy treats and I was able to share those - yummy!


Here she is among all the schnauzers waiting for her prize.Then they announced the fancy dress competition but I wasn't unhappy about missing out on that!! Here are are some of the entrants:


Super Schnauzer who won first prize.


My favourite - the German Schnauzer in his lederhosen!


Some girls in gymslips!!!


And this lumberschnauzer?

Well I hope you enjoyed the photos. I'll be back blogging regularly now we're back on the computer and will catch up on my blog friends news too!






8 comments:

  1. Sorry to any blogging friends who have not been able to post comments on this post - not sure what the problem is - thank you Momo & Pinot for your comment via last post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, we can comment!! We didn't think to comment on the last post so we psoted on our blog to you - doh!! Anyway, what a fab day you had, the fancy dress looked great fun, did Super Schnauzer fly too? By the by don't forget your photo for us ;-). Have a lovely week and glad to see you back in Blog Land, Dex and Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I never heard of a sausage race!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness - I was tryin' to post my comments but it didn't work for ages!!!

    I love a schnauzer day out....mum dreams of organising one for us over here! That looked like such a BLAST! I loved the dressed up schnauzers - especially the German one....after all.... we are German!!

    Congrats to Aoife for doing so well dancing!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - and we forgot to say......that mini schnauzer standing up under her umbrella......we think she is the spitting image of ME!! Mum had to look a few times, and biggify it!!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only it had been you Rubie - we could have had a good time together - love from Magic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Magic!
    Wow so many schnauzers! It looks fun!
    I will show my schnauzer friend your pictures.
    Kisses
    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time for my picking one post to comment on.

    Congratulations on Aoife taking second place on the best trick competition.

    There's so many schnauzers. I'm getting excited again.

    What's a sausage race? What if you ate them?

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete