Friday 15 March 2013

Call the Midwife


More embarrassing photos - oh no :-( My peeps have been going into overdrive with preparations for my pups birth. I thought they were talking about a Red Nose Day joke when they mentioned shaving tummies but no - it was me getting ready for the day. Take care with that little shaver Judith! The birthing room is getting stocked up again:



My whelping box with the polyester fur and the red heat-pad for my pups to rest on when they aren't snuggled with me. The white rail is there in case I roll on a pup accidentally - as if I would!


There is a removable door with a window which can keep us all safe and warm when needed.


Piles of newspapers - printed and unprinted - and not for me to read but to keep things nice and clean in the box when my pups start moving about...and making a mess. So there's also plenty of these too :-)


and just in case something went wrong and I couldn't feed my little ones my peeps have some stand-by provision for that too.


So paws crossed that everything's OK for me - hoping to have my little ones this weekend and just so Trilby knows I've not forgotten (as if I could) on this day last year (15 March) I gave birth to 4 little ones including Trilby so she is celebrating her birthday today - with another Cherry Barkwell and a stagbar:


I may not be posting for a day or two but Leigh will keep you up to date on what's happening here.

10 comments:

  1. You are well prepared Magic!
    In the olden days it would have been hot water and towels and no gas and air :-)
    Wouldn't it be nice if more brothers and sisters for Trilby arrive today.
    Hope all goes well for you Magic.

    Very Happy birthday wishes to Trilby xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Magic,
    Oh it looks like you are ready for the big day, very excited here to see,all these preparation photos, can't wait to hear about the birth and to see photos of your pups!
    Happy Birthday to Trilby have a great day, enjoy your treats, I'm loving my Stagbar that I had for Christmas!
    Good luck with the birth Magic, paws crossed that everything goes smoothly for you!
    Love, Licks and Hugs from your Furiend Frank XxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best. You look like you are totally ready. Can't wait.

    Happy Birthday to Trilby hope she has a wonderful day with lots of treats.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Magic, wowza you clever girl. We wish you a safe delivery and can't wait to see your little pups. Take care little friend. Happy Birthday to your Trilby too!!
    No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh very exciting Magic, fingers firmly crossed here for safe and happy delivery of healthy gorgeous puppies, including a brother we hope for a very good friend of ours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks like you are well prepared, Happy Birthday Trilby.
    We all have our paws and fingers crossed down here and looking forward to seeing your babies.
    Thnking of you
    Love George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are on the edge of our seats here!! We wish you a safe delivery Magic...

    Happy Birthday to Trilby too!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, not sure if you are able to edit or delete replies but it looks like you may have spam :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - luckily I can delete spam so hopefully no more of that here :-)

      Delete