Wednesday 20 June 2012

Say Hello and Wave Goodbye


Today (even though it is Wordless Wednesday I am going to do a Pawsomely Big Blog post as I've not been posting for more than a week. Can you guess what's happening in this photo? It is me and Judith waiting for the Olympic Torch!! The torch was coming through Monk Fryston the next village to ours and we went to say hello to the torch bearers and cheer them on their way. Here are some of the pictures from the day:


The flags were flying to represent each of the nations which have hosted Olympic Games in the past


There were signs to show the games that will take place in the Olympics

.
And lots of Union Jack flags - it was like the Queen's Jubilee all over again!


There was singing


and bands making a loud noise :-(


There were strange people on little bicycles


and golden girls


and BACON BUTTIES!!!


But suddenly the police bikers were coming with their lights flashing


Let me see, let me see!


Here she comes with the torch!


Oh I think she's waving at me!
This torchbearer is Ashpal Bhogal from Leeds in Yorkshire and she is only 17 years old and is the first British Sikh/Asian hockey player to be selected in any of the English Women's Hockey international programmes - she has won lots of awards in that sport.


Well that was a lovely morning...and I will tell you more about what happened that day in another post but it wasn't only hello and goodbye to the Olympic torch...because today I have had to say goodbye to my little boy Merlin who has gone to a wonderful new home in Northumberland.


Wishing you a very happy life with your new forever family Merlin xx

15 comments:

  1. A very special occasion, seeing the torch pass! I am sure Merlin is enjoying his new home, we wish him well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very exciting to see the Olympic torch, Magic! That must have been a bittersweet moment for you when Merlin left for his new home. I'm sure he'll be happy there!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Magic!
    Wow you get so much excitement in your life! Can we move across the pond to join you? Our pawrents only take us to the beach on weekends.
    We wish Merlin a happy happy life with his furever family.
    Nubbin wags from California, Joules & Prescott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merlin got adopted too? I know I would say that your puppies are lucky but I just feel sad. Well, at least this was a successful first litter for you, Magic.

    We are glad your babies went to wonderful homes.

    Wow, your country is hosting the Olympics. Are dogs allowed to watch the games too?

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  5. We saw our flag! What a great parade. We had the torch go through our town, but we didn't have such fanfare!

    Sad to see little Merlin go, but hopefully, he'll have his own family who will treasure him.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, what a fun filled day that was! Nice to see you again, Magic....Aunty Tooki has been too busy lately but will catch up! Oh, it is sad to lose another baby but it is for the best, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was an excellent day ...... and i saw the Aussie Flag there!! Yays!!!

    I was wondering if you were going to keep little Merlin..... oh well....I'm sure he will have a wonderful new family - but ask them nicely if we can have the odd picture!!??

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    PeeS: The word verification thingy has popped up on your bloggie....you may want to chew it off because those of failing eyesight (like ma) really really have trouble with those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to chew off that word thingy - hope it doesn't come back :-)

      Delete
  8. The torch is getting lots of support on it's tour and it's nice to be a part of it in this way. Your town certainly had lots going on and glad you enjoyed it.
    Have a happy life in your new home Merlin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH wow, you saw the Olympic torch.... the best bit after the torch had to be the bacon butties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh brilliant photos of such an exciting day, they were very lucky to have you there in the crowd Magic, I hope they all appreciated how special the company was for that torch thingy.

    Hope little Merlin stays in touch with you, Northumberland sounds a long way away, but very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..what an exciting day you had!
    We hope Merlin loves his new home and soon settles in...he is so cute.
    Have a great weekend
    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy you guys sure have had some exciting times over there this year! How cool that must have been to see the Olympic torch go by!
    Awwwwe! I can't believe Merlin has gone to his forever home. It must have been bittersweet for you and your Momma, Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Magic, this is Emma one of Jana and Katja's humans from Newcastle. I met your little boy, Merlin/ Malfi, today at puppy class. He is just as cute as in your photos! I managed to have a little cuddle too. He also made me and Mo laugh as he looked very confused during the clicker demo 'where is my treat?'. It is a lovely little group of puppies for him to learn and play with and his new people seem very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma - so glad you have met my little boy. I'll have to think of him as Malfi now :-) I hope he is good at training and behaves well in class. We all miss him here but we know he has found a good home and will have fun with his new family - Magic xx

      Delete